Banana Bread with Ricotta
Oh myyyy. This is so so so good. Moist, banana-ey, a teensy bit salty.
You can add chocolate bits if you want, but I did it without.
It disappeared REALLY quickly.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large ripe bananas, or 4 small ripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat oven to 350°F and arrange a rack on the bottom. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Pour melted butter into a large bowl. Add bananas and mash into a pulp. Add egg and beat until smooth. Add sugar, ricotta, and vanilla and stir to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and stir just until all flour is incorporated, don't overmix.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and place on the bottom rack of the oven.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 55-65 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack and let sit at least 20 minutes before removing from the pan.