Black Bean Salad
Black beans are the best. Super healthy, super delicious. I could eat them every day. This summer salad can be tweaked in a number of ways, and makes a great side for almost anything.
In this case, pictured with 24 hour marinated steak on the grill, and fresh corn on the cob. Is this not the definition of summer?
- 2 Cans black beans
- 2 Bell peppers, washed and chopped (recommend using yellow and orange if possible. Second choice red. Last choice green)
- 1 Onion, washed and chopped (or a red onion)
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, toasted (in a pinch just use ground cumin)
- 2 tbsp Sherry wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- Toast the cumin in a dry pan if using seeds.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, peppers, and onion. Add in the cumin seeds.
- In a mug, combine the oil and vinegar, and drizzle over the bean mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.