Cauliflower & Olive Pasta with Za’atar
For those of you who have just made the ‘Coconut cauliflower and leek soup‘ and are looking for something to do with that second half of a cauliflower and the rest of that package of fresh egg noodles… make this! I was complaining about the monotone white of the last recipe and now we’re going to do it AGAIN, but it’s worth it.
- 225 g of fresh egg noodles
- Half a head of cauliflower
- 15 green olives, chopped (ideally castelvetrano, but all that matters is that they are green and not canned)
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche + more for serving
- 1 teaspoon of za'atar
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. When done (if before you are ready with the sauce), rince and set aside.
- In a pan, sautée the cauliflower with olive oil and salt, until the edges brown.
- About 30 seconds before the cauliflower is cooked, throw in the olives.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the creme fraiche and the za'atar.
- Throw the noodles on top and fold everything together.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and more za'atar.