Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Even someone without a sweet tooth can’t resist an oatmeal raisin cookie. Soft in the middle and packed with oats and raisins (obviously…) these are also on the more nutritious side of dessert.
- 1 cup/227g butter, softened
- 1 cup/200g brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup/100g granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups/192g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups/255g oats, uncooked
- 1 cup/150g raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda cinnamon and salt). Set aside.
- Beat together margarine and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add in dry ingredients.
- Stir in oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.