Mirin Glazed Salmon
Yum. Thanks Nigella. This is easy, fast, and delicious. To find the mirin and rice vinegar you may need to visit a specialty Asian food grocery store.
- 60ml/4 tbsp mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 25g/2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 60ml/4 tbsp soy sauce
- Pinch of powdered ginger
- 4 salmon filets
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 - 2 spring onions, sliced
- Rice- 4 portions
- Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- If you are making a green side like broccoli throw it into the pan now.
- Mix the mirin, brown sugar and soy sauce in a shallow dish that will take all 4 pieces of salmon, and marinate the salmon in it for 3 minutes on the first side and 2 minutes on the second. Meanwhile heat a large non-stick frying pan on the stove.
- Cook the salmon in the hot, dry pan for 2 minutes and then turn the salmon over, add the marinade and cook for another 2 minutes. Sprinkle with a pinch of powdered ginger.
- Remove the salmon to whatever plate you're serving it on, add the rice vinegar to the hot pan, and warm through.
- Put the rice on the plate, topped with the salmon, and pour the on top, together with the spring onion strips.