Napa Cabbage Slaw with Ginger Dressing
This is one of those recipes that is invented just because the ingredients were the last things in our fridge before a weekend away.
When this happens, and the stars align, a new recipe is born.
- 3 large spoonfuls rice vinegar
- 1 large spoonful sesame oil
- 1 large spoonful rapeseed or salad oil (any light oil designed for cold preparations)
- 1 1-inch cube ginger, peeled and grated
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- Fresh juice from 1 lime
- A pinch of Aleppo chile
- 1 Half Napa cabbage, washed and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl, whisk together rice vinegar, ginger, sesame oil, canola oil, lime zest, lime juice, and aleppo chile. Set aside.
- In a different bowl, mix the cabbage, carrots, scallions, and cilantro.
- Pour the dressing into the cabbage mixture and toss again. Let stand for 10 minutes, tossing occasionally.