Spitzbuben (Star cookies)
Christmas cookie series: Part II.
Spitzbuben= star cookies.
These are those little jammy sandwiches that give you a lot of flexibility. You can make any shapes you like, and use any jam you like. Although SOME people think they can only be made with apricot jam.
- 300g white flour
- 250g butter
- 125g sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 125g ground almonds
- Mix together the flour, butter, sugar, egg yolks, and almonds (do it with your hands).
- Leave the dough for 1 hour in the fridge.
- After an hour, take the dough out of the fridge, and roll it out with a rolling pin, onto a lightly floured surface.
- Cut into whatever shapes you like, stars, circles, hearts, etc. Lay onto parchment paper and bake for 10-12 minutes at 180c.
- Take out of the oven, let cool one second, spread with a tiny amount of jam, and then make tiny sandwiches.