Thai Green Curry
I had the pleasure of being in Schipol (Amsterdam) airport today, where there is the most fabulous grocery store in the Benelux, the Albert Heijn. It’s such a customer friendly experience in comparison with Belgium, and they have a great selection of vegetables including these adorable little packages of pre-prepped vegetables.
- 1 Onion, chopped
- ½ Courgette/Zucchini
- A handful of the thinnest green asparagus you can find, chopped
- A handful of fresh peas
- A handful of pre-cooked potato slices
- Fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- Green curry paste
- 1 cup broth
- Fresh lime juice
- Get the rice in the pot, and cook according to the package instructions.
- While the rice is cooking, in the bottom of another pot, stir a spoonful of green curry paste with a small amount of the coconut milk. Stir around until blended, and add the onion until it softens, a few minutes. Add the rest of the coconut milk, the broth, and the chopped zucchini and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Taste and add more curry or salt if needed.
- Once the taste is to your liking, add in the asparagus, peas, and pre-cooked potatoes. Cook just for a minute or two and pull off the heat.
- Serve on rice with a squeeze of lime juice on every bowl.