Vanilla Kipferl (German vanilla sugar cookies)
Part I of the German Christmas cookie series!!
There will be 4 parts to this series. All recipes are property of Felix, as he transcribed them and decorated them at a very young age.
These are very delicate delicious vanilla sugar cookies.
- 300g white flour
- 250g butter
- 125g sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 125g ground almonds
- 2 packets of vanilla sugar
- A few spoonfuls of powdered sugar
- Mix together the flour, butter, sugar, egg yolks, and almonds (do it with your hands).
- Leave the dough for 1 hour in the fridge.
- After an hour, take the dough out of the fridge, and form tiny little horns.
- Bake at 180c for 15 minutes (ish), or until they are slightly golden, but not too much.
- Once out of the oven, throw them 4 at a time, face down, into a bowl filled with vanilla sugar & powdered sugar.
- Set aside and let cool.