Zucchini Salad with Lemon & Sunflower Seeds
Zucchini noodles are revolutionary. Whatever you call them, zoodles, courgetties, zucchini spaghetti.
They are a healthy and filling alternative to real pasta when served as a main, but also a really nice light salad served as a first course.
Ideally, you own a spiraliser. If not, go on amazon and buy one right now, it’ll be the best 25 bucks you’ve ever spent. If you don’t have one, just use a vegetable peeler to peel the zucchini the long way.
- 4 small or 2 large zucchini/courgettes
- Juice of half a lemon
- A handful of toasted sunflower seeds
- A large handful of parsley
- Salt & pepper
- Make the zucchini/courgettes into noodles using a spiraliser or vegetable peeler, into a large bowl (not your serving bowl).
- Add a liberal amount of salt, and rub over all the noodles with your hands.
- Let sit for 15 minutes, until it starts to let off some liquid. Add the lemon juice and let sit in the fridge for another 10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, take out and mix in parsley & toasted sunflower seeds.